I’m a bit of a nerd and I like to read research. However, it’s not easy to find published papers on GPA, so if you’re interested in third-party research on GPA, here’s what I’ve been able to find so far.
Academic publications discussing GPA
- The Thomson Method of Study for Second Language Acquisition: A Diary Study. Caasi, Heidi. (2005). MA Thesis. [PDF]
- Second Language Learnerhood Among Cross-Cultural Field Workers. Sawin, T. A. (2013). Doctoral dissertation, University of South Carolina. [PDF]
- Growing Participator Approach: Our experience as Amharic students and teachers of Spanish and Russian languages. Mas, Roser Noguera & Baiguatova, Gulnara (2015). Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences 178: 169–174. [PDF]
- Second Language Acquisition: Experiential introduction to the six-phase program utilizing the growing participator approach, Brumleve, Andrew & London (2018). Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research, volume 257. [PDF]
Publications by Greg Thomson
- MA Linguistics, University of New Mexico, 1994
- PhD Psycholinguistics, University of Alberta, 2000. Second Language Acquisition and Comprehension Mechanisms: The Problem of Russian Inflectional Morphology.
Articles (SIL International)
- An introduction to implicature for translators, 1982, Notes on Translation.
- What sort of meaning is preserved in translation?, 1988, Notes on Translation , Linguistics.
- What sort of meaning is preserved in translation? Part two: Sense, 1989, Notes on Translation, Linguistics, Translation.
- What sort of meaning is preserved in translation? Part 3: Pragmatic meaning , 1989, Notes on Translation , Translation.
- What sort of meaning is preserved in translation? Part four: Presupposition, 1990, Notes on Translation.
- A computer-based organizational system for Bible translators should do three things, 1993 , Notes on Translation , Language Technology.
- A search for inflectional priming reveals an effect of discourse type on the lexical access of inflected verbs, 1996, Work Papers of the Summer Institute of Linguistics, University of North Dakota Session , Linguistics.
- Language and ethnicity among a group of pentalingual Albuquerqueans, 2000, Work Papers of the Summer Institute of Linguistics, University of North Dakota Session , Anthropology, Sociolinguistics.
- Field language learning: different stages—different stuff, 2003, Language and Culture Learning.
- Leave me alone! Can’t you see I’m learning your language?, 2003, Language and Culture Learning.
- Ambrose and others, A few simple ideas for new language learners: …and old ones needing some new life, 2003, Language and Culture Learning.
- Thomson, Greg , Kick-starting your language learning: becoming a basic speaker through fun and games inside a secure nest , 2003 , Language and Culture Learning.
- The use of a book of photos in initial comprehension learning, 2003, Language and Culture Learning.
- Language learning in the real world for non-beginners, 2003, Language and Culture Learning.